Today, Panther reached 1,000 stars on GitHub!
To celebrate, I unveiled a set of new features during my talk at SymfonyLive, including some brand new database testing helpers inspired from Laravel. Check this out:
Panther is a brand new e2e testing and web scrapping library written in PHP that drives real browsers thanks to the WebDriver protocol from the W3C. It implements the exact same API than the BrowserKit component. It means than existing SF tests and Goutte scripts work without modification… but this time JS will be executed! The tool also brings new capabilities including taking screenshots, or executing custom JS in the execution context of the web page. To install Panther you only have one command to run, and it doesn’t need any dependency to install Panther. Let’s meet the feline!
I’ll speak at several conferences until the end of 2018.
See you at:
- Symfony Live London (September, 27th): Building API-driven apps with API Platform (full day workshop)
- SymfonyLive London (September, 28th): Panther, test your Symfony apps with real web browsers
- HacktoberFest & Sylius Week @ Les-Tilleuls.coop (Lille, October, 6th): surprise talk + workshop!
- Cooperative creative agencies’ 23rd national congress (Lille, October 11th): Building mobile and web applications with interoperability in mind
- SymfonyLive Berlin (October, 24th): Building API-driven apps with API Platform (full day workshop)
- Forum PHP (Paris, October, 26th): Boost your apps with HTTP/2
- SymfonyCon Lisbon (December, 4th & 5th): Building API-driven apps with API Platform (full day workshop)
- SymfonyCon Lisbon (December, 7th): Integrate (Vue)JS components in a Symfony app, add E2E tests with Panther
I’ll also be available to chat, and I’ll carry a lot of API Platform goodies. Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Today, an introduction blog post to Panther was published on the Symfony blog! Panther is a new browser testing and web scraping library I contributed to the Symfony project,
In the blog post, I showcase how to use Symfony, API Platform and VueJS together to create a small but modern app, and how to test it on Panther: